Friday, February 11, 2011

Creative Story

Under pressure all of the time, never taking a break, doing nothing but study. This was my life, studying. I needed perfect 100% in all of my classes to get into the college I wanted to go to, Yale. Well, gave myself a little break. I allowed myself to get 98.6%, nothing less. One day all of this pressure was going to get to me. I'll have a nervous breakdown or something. That, I knew. The scary thing is, I didn’t know when it was going to come.

You can do it, I thought. You can do this.

Senior year, and exams, was upon me. Was I afraid? Yes. Did I know that I will get A's? Most likely. Did that take any pressure off? Not in the slightest. All that I've care about for the past year was getting A's on my exams. Absolutely no time for fun, games, or even prom. Can you believe that? A senior, not going to prom. Everything paid off in the end, though. Yale was the school I was going to, starting next fall. I was so happy, and excited. Shocked, also, about the fact I didn’t have a nervous breakdown while getting in. It seemed like I was able to take a deep breath for the first time in a while.

Taking a deep breath only lasted for about three days, give or take. Then, I started looking at the textbooks for my courses in Yale. All of the pressure came rushing back onto me faster than I’ve ever felt it before. Studying became my life again, for better or for worse.

One week. That was how long I had been at Yale. One week? I thought. It feels like twenty. Courses are so difficult! Yet, I wasn’t going to let myself quit. This was the place I’ve wanted to be my whole life. Am I really just going to pack my bags and go home? Yes, I thought. Yes. After my first semester was over, I transferred to University of Wisconsin. It was still a great school, yet a lot easier than Yale. My one semester of Yale taught me a lot about myself, though. Now, I know my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment