Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Day at The Zoo

There are many great children memories of my childhood, yet there is one that is my favorite of all. I was three or four years old, and my family and I were living in New York. One day, we decided to go to the Bronx Zoo. It was the first time I had ever been to the zoo, so I was really excited. What surprises would be there for me?

Everything seemed huge at the Zoo, and I was so tiny. Even though I was scared because of that, I was fascinated with all of the animals. I don’t feel frightened of how large everything was now, I still am fascinated by the animals, and how they live their lives. Most of these animals lived in the wild, and they were able to adjust to zoo life pretty quickly. When I move to Illinois from New York, it took me a lot longer to adjust.

Even though it's simple to still be able to connect with how I feel with the animals, what happened after that is even easier to relate to. Once we were leaving the zoo, at the end of the day, I was tired yet also happy that I was able to see all of the animals, and that I actually enjoyed myself. While I was walking, I glanced up to see a flock of birds flying overhead. They were so beautiful! I looked back down, and we were just a few feet from the car. All of a sudden, I felt something very cold seep onto my head. What was it? When I glanced up, the birds were flying away. One of them had pooped on my head! Being three years old, I started crying. I probably would still cry, or freak out. Though it wasn't funny to me at the time, the whole family left the zoo laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment