Friday, April 15, 2011

Garbology Writing Piece

This is what my day consisted of: watching info commercials, calling the 1-800 numbers if the product looked usable. The product was a paintbrush that supposedly painted faster than any other. Why not, I thought, and dialed 1-800-331-0500. As a free gift, I also got a pink water balloon and a red pen.  While I was doing this, I was drinking green tea and thinking. I really need to get a life, not just watching info commercials. What is wrong with me? I decided to write my thoughts out on paper, using a Sharpie. I capped my green tea and started writing.
After writing, I decided to leave my darkened apartment and actually go out into the world. Walking outside, it was almost pitch dark. What time is it? I look back and see that it’s actually three AM. Ok, time to go to bed. I start walking back to the main entrance. Since I couldn’t see, I slip and fall on the ice. A sharp pain went through my ankle, and when I looked down, I saw a Band-Aid. Perfect! It must be my lucky day…..
And, it turned out, it was. As time grew on, I actually went out and did things with my friends. I started leaving my house more and more often. I actually wanted to leave, too. Apparently all I needed was a sign, something to get me back on track. All of these symbols helped me find my point in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment