Friday, January 7, 2011

Journal Reflection for The Pearl

The Pearl, written by John Steinbeck, is not very interesting to me. It is a little too slow-paced for my liking. It doesn't seem like anything very exciting will happen anytime soon. Most or all of the characters are interesting, though. John Steinbeck made them very complex, so if you want to truly understand the characters, you will have to study them and look for traits that these characters have. My favorite character would probably have to be Juana. Juana is my favorite character because of how she was so determined after Coyotito was stung by the scorpion. Even though Kino said that the doctor would not help them, she told him and the whole town that she was bringing Coyotito to him. Also, she always has hope, even when it’s so challenging to hope for anything at all. Finally, she never complains that her and Kino are poor, and that's she's not comfortable where she is. Juana is very loving. Overall, I love her personality, and that's why she's my favorite character so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment