Monday, March 19, 2012

To Kill a Mockingbird Scene Impact

Author's Note: This is my reply to a journal entry we were assigned. I would like feedback on word choice. Thanks!

A scene that impacted my thinking of this novel was on Page Nineteen, when Walter Cunningham refused to take money from the teacher for lunch when he did not bring his own. He refused the money because he didn't want to own the professor anything. This impacted my view of the novel because it showed that just because people had a darker skin color in this time period, it did not mean that they have no pride for their life. My reaction when I read this was a sense of pride for the African Americans living in Maycomb. Just because they didn't have a lot, didn't mean that they didn't love and weren't proud of what they had. This scene really proved that topic of the novel for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment