Monday, May 7, 2012

The Bridges of Madison County Scene Piece

Author's Note: This is a scene that I dreamed up while reading The Bridges of Madison County. This is in Francesca's point of view, about when she meets Robert for the first time. Enjoy!

I hear the rumbling of a truck before I see it. The faded-red painted vehicle, looking at least ten years old. It pulls into my driveway, and then he comes out. I see him. I see him, and suddenly, a realization slams into my mind. I know him. I mean, I don't know him, yet I feel like I've met him before. Not just met, but already gotten to know. This man is already a friend, heading down the road of more than a friend. I'm married, and yet I feel a greater connection to him than I do to my own husband, the supposed love of my life. Yet he's not. Looking at him, this "stranger", and I know I am looking at the true love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment