Friday, May 20, 2011

Love

Love. It’s a complex, strange thing. It takes many different shapes and forms, and everyone experiences it one way or another. Some forms of it could be romantic love, friendship love, family love, and finally, unrealistic love. I personally feel that this is the kind of love that most people want in their lives, the kind of love that usually doesn’t happen in real life. Doesn’t everyone want something like that?
When most people think of love, they think of a love that meets no boundaries, lets nothing break them apart, and they love each other no matter what. Is that realistic? Not really, I think. I love a great romantic movie as much as the next girl, yet I know love usually isn’t like that. Take Legally Blonde, for example. Paulelle has a huge crush on the UPS man who delivers her mail to the nail studio where she works. Accepting her mail, she drops her pen to show off. They bent down at the same time to pick it up, and Paulelle breaks his nose! It was hilarious, yet that’s beside the point. Would that happen in real life? Probably not. I wish that love worked that way.
The type of love that I have in my life right now is friendship and family love. I love all of my friends and family, and I know they love me to, even though we fight. When it comes to movies about friendship, no matter what huge fight they had, everything will work out. The same goes with family. An example of that is Bride Wars.  Two best friends are going to be married at the same time at the same place. The problem? Neither one will change their wedding date. In the end, everything works out. That might have happened in real life, yet I doubt it. No matter how close you are, friendship has boundaries        
All of these reasons show how Hollywood makes love unrealistic. I love all of those movies, and I did as a little girl, yet they make up situations that in real life, probably wouldn’t work out. I believe that one day; Hollywood should make a movie that shows what actually happens in real life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment